Friday, November 9, 2012

Providence

Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your path.” (~ KJV)

We began the adoption process with confidence that we were traveling down the path that God had set before us. While we've never doubted that this was the right choice for our family, we still get so excited each time we see some confirmation that we are truly following His lead. 

Today, Shannon was able to connect with a group of families from all over the country who have adopted, or are looking to adopt, a child with cerebral palsy. We know that before our Faith was listed with Lifeline, she was also listed with other agencies and had been assigned the name "Sasha."  While looking at postings within this group, he came across specific information from March 2012.  

  Here's an excerpt of the posting:

" OH I SOOOO LOVE SASHA!!!!
I also have an the cutest photo EVER of her. She has a big red flower in her hair and is
positively radiant. Brooke sent it to me. Sasha has raven black hair and light skin..a confident little smile
and bit of humor around her mouth.
What a resplendant baby Sasha is, so happy with so much determination!
Poor little Sasha trying to learn to somehow get around with the weekness in her legs.
She can scoot on her tummy but when she is in her walker mysteriously she can't bop up and down.
I can see her confusion on her sweet little face.
This is a smart baby and reminds me of the baby I met in an orphanage in Fujian. The baby who
had no use of her legs and scooted on her little bum somehow to me and looked up at me with half a smile and gypsie beautiful eyes.
I knew somehow that her lights were on and I was right as it turns out.
She's the kid who had so much fight and determination so much sweetness that I was encouraged do everything to adopt her and 3
years to the day she scooted up to me she became my daughter. She walked off the elevator in a yellow tutu and kissed me on both
cheeaks Wu Ai Ni Mommy... This kid has been a dream ever since. Things don't always come easily but she is persistant and will work hard.
Today Nadia was in the first group of 5 in her class to earn a perfect score in her division facts. She's been on
T.V. for her dancing and is the sweetest child I've ever known always kind, always understanding.
When I see sweet Sasha I think of my Nadia and also Leslee's son Lincoln. Sasha needs someone to understand her and a Mommy to fight for her.
Any effort that a loving soul puts forward will be multiplied in the love Sasha can give.
Sasha needs a chance.. Sasha needs a chance...if anyone wants to see the cutest photo of her ever please e-mail me.
I am in touch with her advocate Brooke and Brooke can send you more information too.
   I know Sasha's family is out there somewhere!"

We know that this email is specifically about our daughter because it mentions very specific pictures that were provided to us as part of her adoption file.  The messages were posted only two days before we met with Lifeline and saw her pictures for the first time.  While we were praying and preparing to begin this journey, others were already praying specifically for Faith. They were asking God to provide her with a loving family who would be willing to advocate for her and provide for her needs. 

We both accepted that we felt an immediate attachment to her because she was meant to be ours. We never considered that there might be people praying specifically for her and us.  We know that God has a plan for all things, but occasionally He gives us that gentle reminder that He is God and He already knows the details of this journey.  He is the Great I Am!  Is it any wonder that Jeremiah 29:11 has become one of our favorite verses? "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."




1 comment:

  1. I met your sweet girl in china. I'm Lincoln's mom! She's precious!
    I can't wait for you to meet her.

    Leslee

    ReplyDelete